Incorporating kicks into your workout regime at least once weekly, will go a far way towards helping you not just burn calories, but also be sharp & nimble in your day-to-day activities.
Some Fitness Benefits of Kicking Exercises
- Increased Flexibility of Primary Muscle Groups.
- Increased Power Capacity of Muscle Groups Involved In The Kicks.
- Enhanced Nerve-Muscle Excitability (increased speed of contraction. and/or reaction to stimuli).
- Increased Cardio-Respiratory Capacity.
- Higher Calorie Burn of Workout.
Kicking Workout Example
Warm Up: 10 minutes brisk walk. Then do brief dynamic stretches of entire body.
Main: 10 Outside Crescent Kicks, 10 Inside Crescent Kicks, 10 High Kicks-3 sets each; 30 seconds rest between. Focus on getting the form right, then execute with form, power & speed.
Cool-Down: Static Stretches of entire body.
About The Author
Oshane Bryant: BSc Geology, Geography Minor; ACE CPT since 2012; Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC) Accelerator Graduate-2018 cohort; Licensed KUKIBO Martial Arts & Self Defense, Senior Instructor; OB Fitness Founder & Managing Director.